In Zion Health’s Mineral Toothpaste you will find the following ingredients:
“Aqua (Purified Water), Hydrated Silica, Xylitol, Glycerin, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (coconut-derived), Kaolin Clay, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sorbitol, Calcium Montmorillonite, Activated Charcoal, Cellulose Gum, Aloe Vera, Green Tea Extract, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil.”
All of these ingredients are natural, clean, and healthy that will help your teeth, mouth, and gums healthy for the years to come. We like the fact they use minimal ingredients that are easily recognized as whole and safe ingredients.
Each of the ingredients has its own powerful and unique benefit for teeth and gum health, which we will discuss in the benefits section below!
- Xylitol: this is a natural sweetener that helps prevent cavities and tooth decay. It acts by starving harmful bacteria in the mouth so it cannot thrive and cause cavities, plaque, infections, inflammation, and more.
- Activated charcoal: this pure black ingredient is super special because it has the ability the have toxins cling to it and remove said toxins. It can also neutralize sugar acids in the mouth before they have the ability to cause any damage. It will also help brighten and whiten your teeth.
- Baking soda: this helps to whiten your teeth, heal mouth sores, and remove plaque extremely effectively.
- Ionic minerals and calcium montmorillonite clay: this clay contains over a whopping 57 trace minerals that can gently cleanse your teeth and gums, whiten teeth, and can help prevent periodontal diseases and tooth decay.
- Aloe vera: Aloe is an anti-inflammatory, so it can help decrease inflammation of irritated gums. It can also help flush your mouth with unhealthy bacteria.
- Green tea: this ingredient is super high in antioxidants, minerals, polyphenols like catechins.
- Mint essential oils: of course, mints oils are used in toothpaste to help freshen breath and reduce bad breath, but did you know mint has other benefits as well. Peppermint and spearmint oils can also help prevent gum disease and soothe any oral-related pain you may experience from time to time.
How to Use
To use this mineral toothpaste, you will use it just as you would any other toothpaste. You will want to use a pea-sized amount on a wet brush and brush for approximately two minutes.
Rise your mouth thoroughly after finished. Brush your teeth at least two times per day or even after every meal if you so choose.
Overall, we really like Clay Brite Activated Charcoal Mineral Toothpaste. It is loaded with so many beneficial and healthy ingredients that will keep your teeth, gums, and mouth as wholly healthy and strong for years to come.
We would like to note, just as their original clay toothpaste, this also has a strong baking soda taste and texture. If this is something you do not like the taste of or an ingredient you wish to avoid, you may want to look for an alternative natural toothpaste that does not use baking soda as an ingredient.
This article was last updated on May 11, 2021 .