Face masks have been popular for many years. They are part of a skincare regimen that gives skin a better appearance. The core purpose of the face mask is to improve and protect your skin. The face mask is applied for about 15 to 20 minutes on the skin twice a week until absorbed and then washed away.
This skincare solution offers a wide variety of benefits like nourishing, cleansing, soothing and healing skin. There is an infinite range of facemasks in the market that claims to make the skin better but they contain many harmful ingredients like parabens, phthalates, hydroquinone, methylisothiazolinone and artificial preservatives that are likely to cause skin damage as 60% of it is absorbed through the skin.
The 5 Best Organic Face Masks:
Best Moisturizing Organic Face Mask
For those times when you’re tired or want to detox from using too much make-up, you can use this soothing face mask to refresh your skin.
100% Pure Green Tea Face Mask uses organic Ingredients to repair and replenish your dry skin. The blend of organic green tea, aloe vera, cucumber, calendula, and hyaluronic acid penetrates your skin to moisturize it deeply.
The amazing mask has aloe vera as its base. Aloe has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in healing and deeply nourishing the skin. The mask also contains hyaluronic acid, which helps make the skin firm and hydrated by boosting collagen production.
Green tea is an antioxidant, and it helps in keeping aging skin youthful. The mask is gluten-free, palm-free, and has non-toxic ingredients that can irritate sensitive skin.
Best Clay Face Mask
Are you tired of blackheads and dull skin? The Himalayan clay mud mask is uniquely designed to remove blackheads and detoxify your skin for a naturally glowing complexion.
Pink clay contains silica which makes the skin firm and elastic. The clay is also a natural detoxifying agent and an exfoliator.
The mask cleanses the pores and eliminates clogs that make the skin dull, leaving your skin soft and smooth. With a creamy texture, the mask is gentle on sensitive skin and is suitable for all skin types. The mask does not burn or sting the skin.
Best Face Mask for Oily Face
New York Biology prides itself in making excellent skincare products. The company has been featured by media houses like CNN for its high-quality skincare items.
This mud mask is extracted from minerals and salts to restore your skin to its perfect natural state. It’s free from parabens, sulfates, and alcohol.
Mud removes dirt, dead skin, and impurities leaving fresh, glowing skin. It also absorbs excess oil but doesn’t strip your face dry. Blood circulation increases when you apply the mask causing your skin to heal naturally.
The mask is also formulated from aloe vera, jojoba oil, and vitamin E, which cleans clogged pores.
Best Exfoliating Face Mask
Era organics exfoliating face mask is a scrub and exfoliator at the same time. It has a gritty texture which is excellent for removing dead skin, leaving your face soft and smooth.
This vegan-based exfoliator is blended from organic aloe vera leaf juice, manuka honey, walnut shell powder, and organic orange oil. Combining these ingredients makes an awesome recipe for repairing damaged, dry, sensitive, and aging skin. It’s also an excellent exfoliator for oily and combination skin.
The mask cleanses deeply and minimizes the appearance of pores leaving your face smooth and glowing. Skin conditions like acne, scars, dark circles, and blackheads will reduce because of the honey in the mask.
Best purifying Charcoal Face Mask
Refresh your stressed skin with Olay Pore Detox Black charcoal face mask. This amazing mask is formulated from kaolin clay which micro-exfoliates and removes the buildup that makes your skin dull and tired. It brightens your skin and makes it smooth.
Black charcoal helps to remove dead skin cells and impurities from congested pores and reduces the appearance of pores. Excess oil attracts dirt and causes buildup, so the charcoal absorbs the oil and balances your skin’s natural oils.
Charcoal can create a mess, but the mask is crafted to apply easily without making a mess.
What Are Organic Face masks?
A healthy beauty care routine, which we cover in-depth in several articles on Thebeauty.blog, starts with understanding the quality and effectiveness of the face mask; what ingredients you put on the skin.
To prevent skin damage, people should go for organic face masks that are made from all-natural and organic ingredients that are free from chemicals, sulfates, and pesticides and makes the skin refreshed and glowing immediately.
Types Of Organic Face Masks And Their Benefits
Organic face masks differ in texture, ingredients, color, and formula. The following are different types of face masks and the benefits they provide:
- Clay Mask: A clay mask is a restorative skin mask that has detoxifying properties making the skin more cleansed and refreshed. The two active ingredients of clay masks are bentonite and kaolin which absorb oil produced by sebaceous glands from the skin. Clay mask is known is to kill causing bacteria and removes all sorts of impurities from the face. This mask type also tightens the skin giving smooth and flawless-looking skin.
- Sheet Mask: This type of organic mask is a cloth or sheet that is soaked in serum. This 10 to 20 minutes sheet mask therapy provides lots of moisture to the skin as ingredients penetrate deeper in the dermis layer providing a hydrating effect. Using a sheet mask also reduces puffiness and adds a glow to the skin. It is ideal for almost all skin types.
- Exfoliating Mask: Exfoliating skin is very important to have acne-free and spotless skin. This type of organic mask uses fruits enzymes mainly from pineapple, apricot, apple and papaya to slough off dead skin cells that make your complexion dull. This mask also removes oil and unclogs pores giving skin a natural glow. For an instant boost, just rub this mask for about 5 minutes on your skin and get rid of dullness and clogged pores.
- Gel Mask: A gel mask provides a surge of moisture and cooling effect to the skin to nourish and refresh skin. Having hydration properties, it is also locked with many antioxidants for free radical damage repair. A thin film of the gel makes the skin firm by increasing the production of collagen. One of the most common ingredients of this type of mask is Aloe Vera.
- Cream Mask: Having a creamy texture, this type of mask has moisturizing properties that penetrate deeply into the skin. It contains algae extracts to make skin firm and tight. People with normal to dry skin tend to benefit a lot from organic cream masks.
- Natural Mask: This is a type of organic mask that is made with all-natural ingredients that you have at home. Depending on the ingredients used, the natural mask has a hydrating and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
Understanding The Organic Ingredients
It is very important to know about the organic ingredients and how they can benefit the skin in many ways without causing any harm. An organic face mask is made from ingredients that include fruits, fruit extracts, oils, nuts, and plants. Here is a list of organic ingredients used in different types of face masks with their properties.
Plant-based extracts make skin glowing, smooth and wrinkle-free. Botanical extracts are used in organic face masks as they provide hydration and improves the elasticity of the skin.
They protect the skin from eczema and acne as these ingredients have emollient, cleansing, healing, soothing and antiseptic properties. The common botanical extracts face mask ingredients are:
- white willow bark
- Essential Oils
Essential oils are aromatic compounds that are extracted from plants such as flowers, seeds or leaves. These are used in an organic face mask to treat dry, oily, sensitive, rash, pigmentation and acne-prone skin.
They also help in fighting the signs of anti-aging. Essential oils have a natural fragrance, have antioxidant properties, relieve inflammation, promote blood circulation, moisturize the skin and provide minerals and vitamins.
The most common essential oils used as the ingredients of organic face masks are:
- Carrot seed
- Tea tree
- Other common ingredients
Other ingredients that are mostly used in organic masks include fruits, vegetables, dairy products, juices, nuts, honey, flour, soybean, rice, coffee, raw cane sugar, and dried fruits.
Who Is Organic Face Mask Is Meant For?
Those who suffer from acne are advised to go for clay, tea, coffee, and charcoal masks as they remove oil and trap impurities from the deepest skin. Sensitive skin people should use soothing masks while normal skin individuals can benefit from all types of organic masks.
Popular Organic Mask Brands
ANDALOU NATURALS is a beauty brand that is famous for making 100% organic face, body and hair care products. All the products are prepared with the use of the latest biotechnology and innovative ingredients; Fruit Stem Cell Science. It is one of the best natural skincare brands which satisfy their customers to the fullest.
Herbivore Botanicals is a popular brand that offers skincare and cosmetics products free from toxins and is highly effective and safe. All beauty products by Herbivore focus on food-grade, organic and high-quality ingredients. Also, their products have lavish texture and enthralling smell.
Watch this for more info:
This article was last updated on January 4, 2022 .