- How to Choose a Natural Anti-Aging Cream
- The 10 Best Natural and Organic Hairspray Products:
- 1. Farmstead Apothecary Fig and Honeysuckle Face Cream
- 2. Thena Intense Restorative Facial Moisturizer
- 3. Era Organics Face Moisturizer Cream
- 4. Awake Human Organic Facial Moisturizer
- 5. Nourish Organic Age Defense Face Cream
- 6. Kleem Organics Advanced Retinol Moisturizer
- 7. InstaNatural Vitamin C Moisturizer
- 8. Nature Theory Collagen Day and Night Anti-Aging Cream
- 9. Bee-Friendly Face and Eye Cream
- 10. Tree to Tub Ginseng Green Tea Deep Hydration Face Cream
- Buying Guide
- How can I protect my skin from aging?
While it is extremely important what we put into our bodies in the form of food, what we put onto our skins is also vital to our health. This is because our skin absorbs many of the products we use and if they contain chemicals and dangerous ingredients, they will find their way into our bodies.
Ingredients from products like face creams, handwashes, deodorants, perfumes, and makeup build up in our systems. That’s why we’ve sourced 10 of the best wholesome, natural anti-aging face creams that don’t compromise on safety or quality.
Many people purchase anti-aging products hoping that they will reduce their wrinkles and undo years of sun damage. But do they really work? Well, that depends on what ingredients the cream contains and how long you use it. Bear in mind that if you are looking for a cheap, over-the-counter face-lift in a jar, you’re going to be disappointed.
However, regular moisturizing alone can improve the skin’s appearance. It fills out the dehydrated cells, reducing the appearance of fine lines and giving a smooth feel and soft glow. Moisturizing creams often have extra ingredients added that may offer some extra benefits. These include things like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and aloe vera.
How to Choose a Natural Anti-Aging Cream
Ask your friends for recommendations. Pick a friend who has particularly healthy, youthful-looking skin with no blocked pores or marks. While some of this will be due to good genes and a healthy lifestyle, the products they use will play a part.
Read the product reviews and check the ratings. This is one of the advantages of online shopping – we get to see what other people think about a product before we buy it. We have provided links for all the products we’ve suggested in this article to help you do just that.
Speak to your beauty therapist about what products they recommend.
The 10 Best Natural and Organic Hairspray Products:
This beautifully packaged face cream is our top pick and it gets great ratings on Amazon too. It looks and smells good enough to eat! The cream contains delectable, purposely chosen natural ingredients like jojoba oil, fig extract, and honey. It comes in a beautiful, recyclable glass jar with an aluminum lid that’s darkened to protect the precious contents from light damage.
While the manufacturers say that it is good for all skin types, it is a rich cream that’s probably best for hydrating and nourishing older, dryer skin types. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and has anti-inflammatory ingredients to work on redness and itching. The product has been formulated for sensitive skin so it’s safe for everyone.
Farmstead Apothecary uses only cruelty-free, vegan, gluten-free ingredients. They have PETA bunny logos of approval on the product. The product has a 2-year shelf life but we’re betting yours won’t last that long!
We’ll go through the active ingredients one at a time:
- Organic jojoba oil – anti-aging, hydrates the skin, and reduces excess oil production. It dissolves the sebum that clogs pores, clearing the skin and allowing it to “breathe” more efficiently
- Organic sunflower seed oil
- Non-GMO emulsifying vegetable wax
- Fig extract – provides a delicious scent and also antioxidants for protection from free radical damage
- Organic fragrances from fruit, vegetables, and flowers
- Organic phenethyl alcohol from corn
- Non-GMO vitamin E oil from sunflower seeds
This fragrance-free face cream is wonderful for those with sensitive skin that’s prone to eczema. It is a natural skin repair cream that helps to restore the damage done by years of sun, pollution, and the normal aging process.
It contains colloidal oatmeal ceramide. This maintains and protects the skin’s natural barrier and structural integrity, allowing it to heal from the inside out. The cream rehydrates and softens the skin, giving it a healthy glow and eliminating dryness. The moisturizing nutrients are absorbed quickly into the skin, visibly plumping it up and restoring vibrancy to an aging epidermis.
Thena Intense Restorative Moisturizer has been formulated with 22 natural, skin-friendly ingredients such as cholesterol, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, colloidal oatmeal, olive squalene, and shea butter.
Thena products are cruelty-free, plant-based, organic, non-GMO. They’re also free of parabens and synthetic fragrances and colorants.
Many reviewers say that this is one of the best nourishing and anti-aging products they’ve ever tried. It is also said to work excellently on skin that’s eczema-prone or has rosacea or acne. The cream is suitable for both men and women and can be used as a whole-body moisturizing treatment.
Its non-greasy formulation will not block the pores. It is fully absorbed, leaving no oily residue. This product contains no toxins, fragrances, colors, alcohol, or parabens. Let’s have a look at what it does contain:
- Aloe vera – a natural source of vitamins A, B, C, and E plus the minerals zinc, calcium, magnesium, and copper. It gently calms irritated skin and nourishes it from the outside in.
- Manuka honey – this health product from New Zealand is said to be the most potent and healing form of honey available. It soothes and hydrates the skin with its unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It also has antibacterial properties that will protect your skin.
- Coconut oil is renowned for its deeply penetrative moisturizing properties. It helps delay the appearance of age by plumping up the skin and reducing fine lines.
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) – this sulfur-containing compound, often dubbed, “the beauty mineral” is found naturally in most living things. It has the ability to boost the skin’s collagen and keratin. It helps to reduce excess pigmentation so is effective against those dreaded “age spots”.
Crafted with care “for discerning humans,” this unscented skin cream is perfect for every skin type. It was selected by BeautyMag as one of the top natural moisturizers for 2021. We especially liked the pump dispenser bottle which means that you can avoid contaminating the product with your fingers. The cream has a matt feel so does not leave the skin feeling oily.
The company claims to craft its products without sketchy chemicals and the ingredients field proves this. They are committed to using only vegan formulations that are never tested on animals.
- Jojoba oil
- Green tea
- Shea butter
- Sweet almond oil
While the packaging isn’t everything, this one is SO pretty we couldn’t ignore it. Berries and leaves decorate a pure white container, making this gorgeous enough for a Christmas or Mother’s Day gift.
The product inside helps older-type skins to look smooth, firm and plumped up. Bilberries and Artic berries are used with yogurt extract for their antioxidants to protect the skin from aging environmental elements.
The Nourish Organic range contains no:
- Parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, or sulfates
- Artificial fragrances, colorants, or preservatives
- Silicones, mineral oils, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol
The company is an organic pioneer and set out to create healthy, environmentally responsible, effective skincare products. They’re part of the global network of organizations known as 1% For The Planet.
This product has been specifically formulated as an anti-aging cream for the entire face, neck, and décolleté area. It is suitable for both men and women who are looking to reduce fine wrinkles and dark spots on the skin. It has a light yet rich texture that absorbs beautifully and does not leave the skin feeling greasy. For this reason, it is ideal under makeup.
Special bio-active ingredients include:
- Hyaluronic acid (helps the skin regeneration process and relieves inflammation)
- 2.5% retinol (increases collagen production thereby reducing fine lines)
- Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant that may reduce UV damage)
- Wildcrafted green tea (has anti-inflammatory properties)
- Wildcrafted propolis (anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and a natural sealant that helps lock in moisture)
- Organic aloe vera
- Organic sunflower oil
- Kosher vegetable glycerin
- Shea butter
- Animal cruelty (endorsed by PETA)
This premium quality anti-wrinkle cream targets lines, dark spots, and rough patches. The gentle fragrance makes it suitable for both men and women. It contains a blend of selected ingredients that give skin a youthful glow without feeling oily. To use, warm a small amount on the hand and apply twice a day to freshly cleansed and toned skin. Here are some of the main ingredients in this luxurious cream:
- Vitamin C – reduces the appearance of fine lines and dark spots
- Niacinamide – supports a healthy skin barrier and decreases discoloration and redness
- Hyaluronic acid – deeply hydrates the skin and plumps up the cells
- Organic jojoba oil, rosehip seed oil, argan oil – provide nourishment and lock in moisture
- Grapefruit extract – has antiseptic qualities to unblock pores and antioxidants to ward off free radicals
- Aloe vera – supports the skin’s natural barrier and soothes irritation
The manufacturing company has many endorsements to prove that the product is organic, cruelty-free, and more.
- Mineral oil and synthetic dye-free
- Formaldehyde releasers free
- Polyethylene glycol free
- Certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny
Made in the US according to a natural formula, this anti-aging face cream will cleanse, moisturize, and protect your skin. Yes, you read “cleanse” correctly. This multi-purpose product can also be used to remove make-up. The hyaluronic acid in the formula supports cell renewal, boosts elasticity, and gives a radiant look. It is non-greasy and delivers deep hydration to the epidermis. Customers on Amazon have given it great ratings.
Nature Theory Collagen Cream contains only natural, organic, non-GMO, gluten-free ingredients like aloe vera, citric acid, vitamin C, and collagen. Plus, the company prides itself on its top customer service and support. What more could you ask for?
If you’re looking for an anti-aging cream that specifically targets the eye area, this one might be for you. This all-natural, USDA-certified organic moisturizer provides deeply penetrating moisture and nourishment to your skin. What makes it special is its emphasis on using the wonderful natural products provided by honeybees: beeswax, pollen, propolis, raw honey, and royal jelly.
The cream contains zero chemicals, fillers, parabens, fragrances, or gluten. Plus it’s never tested on animals and is non-GMO.
This versatile cream can be used by men and women, on the face, neck, decollete, hands, eyelids, and even behind the ears! If used regularly, it promises to help with crow’s feet, liver spots, under-eye bags and circles, acne, and dryness. Because the cream contains no fillers or binders, it is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.
- Raw honey attracts moisture and hydrates the skin. It stimulates collagen production and skin cell renewal. It’s also anti-bacterial.
- Beeswax is said to improve the skin’s elasticity and suppleness. It is a porous, organic substance that will not clog the pores.
- Propolis soothes and heals skin irritation.
- Bee pollen provides nutrients.
- Organic olive oil provides vitamins A and E and contains the same fatty acids as your skin.
The last but certainly not least product on our list contains such wonderful ingredients that we couldn’t leave it out. It’s made with organic aloe vera, ginseng, organic shea butter, organic rose water, tea tree oil, vitamins C, B5, and E, and organic green tea. How good does that sound?
The cream has an 8-hour moisture lock formulation to protect your skin from the drying and aging effects of the sun, wind, winter air, and air conditioning. Plus, it manages to do all of that without resorting to parabens, silicones, or sulfates! The cherry on the top is that the company promises a “satisfaction or your money-back guarantee”.
Here’s a summary of what you should bear in mind when choosing an anti-aging cream:
- Is it supported by a range of supplementary products such as cleansers, toners, and sunscreens?
- Is it within your budget? Remember that just because a face cream is more costly, it’s not necessarily more effective.
- Does it get consistently good reviews?
- Does it have any certifications that are important to you such as cruelty fee?
- Does it come with any kind of return policy?
How can I protect my skin from aging?
While aging is inevitable, there are some measures you can take to keep your skin in tip-top condition whatever your age.
- Use a good skincare range twice a day, every day. It should include a gentle cleanser, a toner/freshener to remove the last traces of makeup and debris, and moisturizing cream. While moisturizing cannot fix wrinkles permanently, it can trap moisture in the skin, softening the appearance of the lines.
- Protect your skin from the sun. It has been proven that UV light accelerates the skin’s natural aging process, causing wrinkles, rough patches, and discoloration. Always wear a hat when outdoors to protect your face plus a moisturizer with a high SPF.
- Never smoke. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the skin and damages collagen and elastin. This will cause your skin to wrinkle and sag.
- Nourish your skin from the inside out. Be careful of having a diet that’s too low in fats. Feed your skin by eating moderate amounts of healthy oils like avocados, olive oil, nuts, and seeds.
- Moisturize your skin from the inside out. Be sure to hydrate well every day by drinking enough pure water.
Skin creams have come a long way and dermatologists agree that using them regularly can make a difference. It isn’t necessary to spend a fortune but it is helpful to know what to look for. Ingredients like retinol, vitamin C, and resveratrol play a big role in helping your skin look better.
Keep in mind that time and consistent use are key – you are not going to see results overnight. We hope our article has encouraged and informed you and that you have fun choosing an earth-friendly, effective cream.
This article was last updated on January 4, 2022 .