- The 5 Best Blackhead Remover Tools:
- What are Blackheads
- Blackhead Remover Tool Buying Guide
- Types of Blackhead Removing Tools
- Features to look out for
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If acne, dry or oily skin, and other skin problems weren’t enough, blackheads are another headache we have to deal with. No matter how much effort you put into your skincare routine, these pesky eruptions appear out of thin air.
Luckily the beauty industry hasn’t abandoned us and has produced countless blackhead remover tools promising to help us combat and get rid of these annoying skin imperfections.
These solution-driven products range from blackhead removal strips, dissolving gels, tweezers to rip them out, masks to remove them and infinite organic home remedies to help.
The 5 Best Blackhead Remover Tools:
Best Overall Blackhead Remover Tool
This anti-allergic pimple popper tool features a unique design. It has an electroplated needle that is stainless steel to prevent reactions because of sensitivity and ensure durability.
Since you need to clean the kit before and after use, the stainless steel material makes cleaning easy. Rubbing alcohol is enough to clean it.
The kit is multipurpose, providing all the functions you could need to rid your face of pimples. It has a blackhead remover which helps to remove blackheads, whiteheads, acne, blemishes, and pimples easily.
The needle helps to prick pimples without causing infections.
The anti-slip handle provides the grip you need to hold the blackhead extractor tool. It also gives you control as you work on the face to avoid damaging the skin.
Best for small blackheads and whiteheads.
If you’re troubled by tiny whiteheads and blackheads only, this pimple extractor kit is enough to get the job done. It helps remove acne, blackhead, and blemishes. This pimple popper might be small, yet it’s effective at removing blemishes and blackheads.
It features two loops on both ends. The small oval-shaped loop works perfectly at removing blackheads, while the bigger one comes in handy when you have whiteheads that are ready to be popped.
The handle is round and has the grip to give you good control and ensure it doesn’t slip. The stainless steel coating helps to prevent allergic reactions and is easy to clean.
Best for Removing Stubborn Acne and Blackhead
If you’re fond of picking at your skin with your fingers, this multifunctional pimple remover toolset will help you do it without scarring your face as fingernails would.
The set features eleven heads to ensure you get rid of all impurities on your face. The blackheads remover tools come in different sizes and shapes to remove both the small blackheads and large acne.
It has two small spoons which help squeeze out acne, blisters, and blackheads. The large spoons help to dig out and remove large blemishes.
Together with the triangle-shaped loops, the tweezer helps to extract the stubborn or hard-to-reach blackheads and collect impurities with an easy pinch. You can comfortably poke pimples for easy removal of buildup without causing infections using the pointed needle.
Best Blackhead Remover Tool for Sensitive Skin
This dermatologist-grade tool is made using 100% stainless steel to ensure high-quality standards. It’s safe for sensitive skin because it doesn’t contain Nicole and is rust-resistant.
The set comes in a nice padded case that fits in a pocket, making it convenient for travel. It has six tools with eleven heads for different functions. The tools are sturdy, so they don’t bend during use.
The kit is a fantastic tool for removing stubborn blackheads without causing bruises on the skin. However, you have to be gentle since the edges are sharp.
Best Priced Blackhead Remover Tool
Utopia care double-ended blackheads remover is a two in one kit. It has a flat loop to remove blackheads and a smaller loop for extracting whiteheads.
The tool is reasonably priced at $4.49 without compromising on quality. It’s made of heavy-duty 100% stainless steel to ensure it’s sturdy and prevent it from bending due to pressure when you push it against the skin.
This surgical-grade blackhead remover tool does not cause reactions on your skin and is easy to clean and maintain because of the stainless steel. It removes blackheads and blemishes without strain or damage to the skin.
What are Blackheads
Referred to as Comedones, Blackheads are tiny bumps that grow on your face because of a clogged hair follicle embedded within your skin. As opposed to acne, blackheads are a relatively milder type of skin condition that isn’t life-threatening but still an unpleasant occurrence.
They normally appear on the face, more so in and around the nose regions and between the lips and chin. With contaminants and pollutants as stimuli, these become quite a nuisance.
If the opening of the hair follicles in the skin begins clogging up due to oil secretion then you’ll observe blackheads emerging. Sebum i.e. the oils produced by the sebaceous gland begins accumulating in the pores of the skin follicle along with dead skin.
Once it combines with other dead skin cells, a non-inflamed acne lesion. If the bump opens up and is exposed to open air, blackheads form due to oxidation of oils and proteins. People with oily skin types are more prone to blackheads.
Blackhead Remover Tool Buying Guide
Blackhead extraction requires the application of pressure on the skin, hence using the wrong tool can lead to unwanted skin damage. If you are struggling with reoccurring blackheads and are searching for effective and safe blackhead removal tools then keep reading.
We’ve researched the best blackhead removal treatment methods, and compiled this comprehensive guide to eradicate them forever! For the best blackhead extracting tool take into consideration the following factors:
Make sure that you invest in a high-quality product because you should make no financial compromise when it comes to your skin. Even though a tool is not as expensive as a visit to the dermatologist, nevertheless don’t opt for cheap, low-quality products that you will regret later on.
The best blackhead removing tool is made of 100%, dermatologist grade, surgical, stainless steel with a professional electroplated needle. Stainless steel is a durable material that won’t break under pressure. Moreover, this will guarantee safe sterilization, prevent possibilities of infections and help to avoid corrosion.
Opt for tools with thick metal loops. Unlike their thin counterparts, they won’t puncture the skin when pressure is applied, avoiding the potential for skin damage.
Try to find an anti-allergic design, especially if you are host to sensitive skin. Antibacterial coated blackhead removing tools will lessen the risk of infections and other sensitivities.
For those who are unaware, blackhead removal is no walk in the park and is normally a mildly painful procedure. Hence, we advise you to find tools that offer maximum comfort. We suggest you get entire blackhead removal tool kits.
This flexibility of multiple tool options will reduce discomfort. Portability is another aspect of comfort to consider, make sure the tools you get are lightweight and transportable because you might need them at work, on a trip, etc.
Types of Blackhead Removing Tools
- Masks: Masks specifically for blackheads are normally manufactured and available as peel-off masks. The mask only needs to be applied, allowed resting time and then peeled off, taking the blackheads off along with it. Even though they can be tricky to handle and messy, they offer a lot of skin benefits. Look for charcoal in the ingredients of masks if you struggle with excessively oily skin.
- Pore strips: Pore strips slip right on top of your nose. They possess a strong adhesive that rips off blackheads and dead skin. Best of all they are easy to use and not messy or fussy at all, the only downfall is that they tend to be painful.
- Electric: Electric blackhead removers adopt the suction methodology. They methodically suck out blackheads from pores. Be careful as electric removers, if used incorrectly can lead to pain and skin irritation.
- Manual tools: These are usually sold in kits along with other tools like tweezers. They function by opening pores and digging out built-up oils and dirt. There’s a thin metal tool that is available in multiple sizes with a curved open end. Manual tools are an eco-friendly and effective purchase. However, they may be difficult to use without proper guidance and a little bit of pain.
- Vacuums: This versatile tool helps to treat acne, exfoliate, clear up clogged pores and eradicate blackheads.
Features to look out for
- Ingredients: Before buying a blackhead-removing mask, carefully inspect the ingredients listed on the product. It’s important to avoid chemicals like petroleum, alcohol and mineral oil that can further dry out the skin or plug up pores.
- Suction levels and nozzles: A high-quality electric blackhead removing tool has several nozzles and different suction levels. These accommodate reaching different areas of the body and face. For those with sensitive skin requiring gentler setting options, adjustable levels can be beneficial.
- Tool kits: The most well-equipped and utilitarian kits include tweezers, the extractor, a scraper, and a lancet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I use a Blackhead Remover tool?
Completely encircle the area you want to treat with the loop and then apply gentle and even pressure in order to release the contents inside. From within the clogged pore, you will observe white pus oozing out. Clean it up, your skin and disinfect your tool.
Do Blackhead Vacuums really work?
These broken blood vessels can become permanent, appearing as thread-like and red might even require laser treatment to remove. They work optimally when blocked pores are pre-loosened with glycolic or salicylic acid or via microdermabrasion i.e. physical exfoliation.
Are Blackhead Extractors bad for your skin?
If extracted inappropriately, you can suffer from scarring, pushing the bacteria deeper into the skin, cause the follicle to become inflamed and more breakouts.
What happens if you don’t remove Blackheads?
This article was last updated on January 4, 2022 .