If you want to avoid the cost of foundation products or you are tired of not being able to find a foundation that is healthy and suits your skin tone, you might want to start making your own foundation. Making organic foundation is a lot easier than you might think, and it can be a good solution for those with sensitive skin or those who want to avoid unhealthy chemicals in regular cosmetics.
Some of the ingredients you will need for your foundation might need to be ordered, but they are readily available online and can be sent to you with ease in most cases. You will love having all of the right ingredients on hand as well so that you can make other products whenever you need them.
How to Make Organic Foundation
Make sure that you check out the list of ingredients carefully and source the items that you cannot find in your local area from an online supplier. This can be the best way to get some of these ingredients at a great price as well.
Ingredients for organic foundation:
- 2 tsp of argan oil or jojoba oil
- 1 tsp shea butter
- ½ tsp emulsifying wax
- 1 tbsp aloe gel
- 1 tsp witch hazel or 3 tbsp of natural lotion (lotion can replace the first 5 ingredients in the list)
- 1-2 tsp non-nano zinc oxide
- ¼-1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½-1 tsp mica powder
- ½ tsp clay
- 2-3 tsp of all-natural mineral powder in color of choice
How to make your organic foundation:
- Melt the shea butter, argan oil, and wax in a double boiler until they have melted
- Add aloe and witch hazel and whisk until completely smooth.
- Take off the heat.
- Start adding color a little bit at a time. Ass the zinc and clay until you get the desired color.
- Let the mixture cool off some. Dip the tip of a spoon in the mix and apply it to the skin to test the color.
- Transfer the mix into a storage container of your choice and let cool.
Make sure that you store in the fridge so that your makeup product does not spoil. Without preservatives and stabilizing chemicals in the mix, your natural skincare and makeup products can spoil. You will always want to keep all of your homemade products in the fridge to make sure that they last and don’t start to smell bad.
Making Foundation is Really Easy
If you have struggled for years to find the right foundation product for your needs, you should be sure to try out this recipe. There is no reason that you cannot make your own high-quality and custom foundation at home with this recipe. Taking care of your skin and making it look its best doesn’t require the use of products that include chemicals and fragrances that might not actually be good for your health.
This article was last updated on May 8, 2023 .